Monday, August 28, 2023

Dear 1036: Staying Cool in Summer Heat/Humidity

Dear 1036 Clarence,

The recent hot spell in Chicagoland makes me think about ways to stay cool in summer heat and humidity.

I remember early on in my childhood, I had a window air conditioning unit in my bedroom window.  One night, I had the idea that we would all sleep in my room together to keep cool, since not all the bedrooms had those units.  I have a memory that as Eric and I relaxed before bed on one of those nights, Dad came into the room and said, "Room service" as he handed us a plate with cut-up apples.

Then, we had a central AC system installed. And it went through some changes over the years.  We got great service from One Hour, a company that would service our heat and air conditioning.

I have always enjoyed the feeling of walking from a hot/humid outdoors into a cool, refreshing room chilled by air conditioning, especially after being out and knowing I could relax so well inside of you.

With gladness and gratitude for you, I declare that you shall not fade into the background but remain ever in my heart.

All my relations,
God's Blessings,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment