Friday, June 28, 2024

Dear 1036: Dad and Me with Mork and Mindy

Dearly Beloved 1036 Clarence,

June is the month of Fathers' Day.  One memory I have of Dad related to ME TV.  The channel has so many wonderful shows from bygone decades.

One evening, I recall that Dad and I were at home by ourselves together.  Dad was likely getting dinner ready.  Somehow, I stumbled upon the show Mork and Mindy.

Dad told me about the premise of the show, that an Orkan alien named Mork from the planet Ork, played by Robin Williams, came to Earth.  He observed life on this planet, and at the end of the show, he customarily reported back to those who sent him from the other planet on what he learned.  Then he would sign off with "Nanu-nanu."  It was an interesting take to get new perspective on planet Earth, as Mork grew in relationship with Mindy and others in Boulder, CO.

I'm glad that ME TV has given me so many opportunities to reconnect with great shows of the past, and for Dad in playing his part in that reconnection.

With great gladness, I declare that you, Beloved 1036, shall not fade into the background but remain deep in my heart as that beloved world.

We are ever connected:
All my relations,

God's blessings,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment