Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Dear 1036: Celebrating Specially

Dear 1036 Clarence,

May is a special month for Mom when we celebrate Mothers' Day and her birthday.

As happens every few years, her birthday is on Memorial Day observed.

Back in 2014, we had family over to celebrate, including my cousins Greg and Melissa, who brought their daughter Ava, who was very close to turning 1.

It was delightful to have a little one in the house enjoying the company of everyone there.

We had a splendid time celebrating Mom's birthday, which included her favorite dessert, cherry pie.  When we sang "Happy Birthday", we pivoted to singing that song for little Ava in anticipation of her 1-year birthday.

Truly you have been a home for so many years where we connect with each other and celebrate these special moments.

Recently, I am reminded of the words of a poem by a Puerto Rican poet: "Forgive the exile this sweet frenzy: I return to my beloved world, and I am in love with the land where I was born."  It's fitting to think of you that way because I essentially came into existence within your walls.

You are truly my beloved world, and you shall never fade into the background but remain deep in my heart, and we will be ever connected:

My heart swells to think of the final line of Edelweiss, as I say, Bless my home forever.

All my relations.

With joy, gladness, and gratitude.

God's blessings,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment